WHAT'S UP, DOG?

WHAT'S UP, DOG?
Hey there! Welcome to my blog. I'm a free dog living in Portugal and I write about my life as an artist and street dog. This blog is a way for me to have more of a connection with other dogs (and people), to share ideas, experiences and some of my art. I love to hear what others have to say so feel free to comment on any of the posts or to contact me via e-mail. If it's your first time here, you might want to check out my first post and read on from there. You can also have a look at my profile in the column to the right.
Tchao-wow,
Ruca

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sundown

Sundown is one of my favourite times of the day (or night).

Not only is it a visual feast, it’s also an aural feast. It’s the time when we dogs pass on our news. But this news need not be particularly eventful. Just as people use status updates on Facebook, we (dogs) like to make our voices heard, however insignificant what we have to say may be.

Click on the video above to see what I mean.

It’s just a way of connecting to the community of canids, of adding to the pulsing pandemonium. The barking, yelping and baying ricochets down the valleys, dozens of ruff voices overlapping and mingling in an odd dissonance that both excites and sooths my doggy soul.

another beautiful sundown in Portugal



5 comments:

  1. Hi Ruca, good to see you back again, it's been a while! Love those sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you again even if you are just howling in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann and Dan. Yeah, I've been quite quiet lately. But I think I'm starting to stretch my vocal cords and my drawing cords a bit more. My reading other people's blogs cords need some exercise as well!

    Tchau-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Ruca! Yes, "coffee with a canine" is a great site and I'm happy you found me there. You did happen upon my blog during a sad time, the death of Boscoe, but we are getting better and talking about getting a puppy for Riley in another couple of months. Thank you for stopping by!

    I have never been to Portugal but I would say you have spectacular sunsets there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, I look forward to hearing about the new puppy when he/she joins you. Happier times ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...