WHAT'S UP, DOG?

WHAT'S UP, DOG?
Hey there! Welcome to my blog. I'm a free dog living in Portugal and I write about my life as an artist and street dog. This blog is a way for me to have more of a connection with other dogs (and people), to share ideas, experiences and some of my art. I love to hear what others have to say so feel free to comment on any of the posts or to contact me via e-mail. If it's your first time here, you might want to check out my first post and read on from there. You can also have a look at my profile in the column to the right.
Tchao-wow,
Ruca

Thursday, March 17, 2011

First post

So here it is, my first post. I'm getting into this whole blogging thing on the insistence of my bookstore friend, Rita, who is a pretty with-it dog. I will have to drink from that porcelain bowl of knowledge at numerous points along my internet/web/blog journey, I'm sure. I'm pretty naive when it comes to all this technology stuff, but Rita's a patient guide. And honestly, any excuse to spend more time with her is fine with me.

Rita's says I need to connect with more like-minded dogs (and even people) so that I can get a taste of the wider world. She says that sharing experiences, observations, opinions, and perspectives is healthy for dogs, and especially dogs who are artists. She thinks it will help make my work more universal if I'm able to put my experiences and observations in a world context. Sheesh, she can get pretty wordy by times. But I guess she's right. Time will tell.

So, if you've read my profile you already know that I became an artist gradually, starting with making random marks in the sand and progressing to the point I'm at now, keeping an illustrated journal of my life.
an assortment of my illustrated journals, made by me with my very own paws (and teeth)

As a taste of things to come here's a page from one of my sketchbooks (or illustrated journals - I never know what to call them).
self-portrait, relief print, ink and watercolour



You'll soon see that I do a lot of drawings or paintings of dogs, but I tackle other objects as well. I'm just trying to capture the essence of something I love or am affected by. Having a tangible representation (something on paper or canvas) of the object of my affection or interest allows me to re-visit my feelings for that object. It's a way of having that feeling available to visit any time I open up my journal or look at the painting. If I could keep all this in my mind's eye maybe I wouldn't need to do it on paper. But it's so much fun to draw and paint, I think I'm glad I don't trust my memory to retain all my experiences.

Well, now you know a little about me and what I'm up to. I hope you'll come back and visit and please leave a comment or send me an e-mail if you have something to say about anything I write or draw about.

Tchao-wow!
Ruca

4 comments:

  1. t's nice to meet you. We're Portuguese Water Dogs that live in the USA. We think we're quite artistic, but out human Mom isn't so sure. Still, we very interested in your art and will check back with you soon.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you too. What a gang you are! I look forward to watching you grow. And tell your Mom that she should nurture your artistic qualities. If your energy is anything like my Portuguese Water Dog friends, it could make for some pretty wild art.

    Tchao-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time to address a dog in their blog. You are an amazingly talented pooch and can't imagine how you were able to make those journals with your paws! Keep it up and continue to travel up and around town and share your journals with us simple humans...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ileta, thanks for stopping by. As for me being amazingly talented, well I don't know about that. A lot of it is just practice, practice, practice. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you put you mind (and paws) to it.
    Tchao-wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...